Targeting August Contracting for Late September/October Closing…
We will be selling Relentless, our 2017 Sabre 48 Flybridge, this summer to start making room for our 2023 Maritimo.
We acquired her in 2020, and since then, the following upgrades and renovations have been completed:
- Complete Hull Awlgrip Painting by Hinckley in Stuart, Florida (July 2020).
- Proportional Side-Power Bow and Stern Thrusters from NE Bow Thrusters (April 2021). Controls in both Flybridge and Salon helms.
- KVH 7 HDTV Satellite TV System and DirectTV DVR from SK Marine (September 2020).
- DirectTV video on port salon Garmin monitor (April 2021).
- Lumishore Multicolored Underwater Lights (April 2021).
- HDTV cameras installed in Engine Room (2) and Stern Docking viewable from both helms (April 2021).
- 900 Watt Sound System upgrade to JL 400 (Main) and JL 600 (Subs). Replaced four outside speakers with JL M6 7.7” and added two JL M7 12” subwoofers (June 2021).
- Custom Cherry Liquor Cabinet (June 2021)
- Pepwave Max MK II BR1 WiFi Booster and Router (July 2021).
- Sureshade Canvas Replaced (April 2021).
- Stidd Flybridge Helm Chair Reupholstered (April 2021).
- Propspeed application to Pods (April 2021).
- Ceramic Coating application to hull and topside (April 2021).
- Portland Mattress Toppers added (April 2021)
- Isotherm Ice Maker and Flybridge Refrigerator replaced with new (August 2022).
- Samsung Q60 4K Salon TV (August 2022)
She has been meticulously maintained by the Mattapoisett Boat Yard, and in virtually every case, any failed components have been replaced with new rather than repaired. Serious potential buyers may contact MBY for service and repair history.
She currently has 440 hours on her engines. I would expect her to have approximately 500 hours upon delivery.
The 48 Flybridge is a rare and much sought-after yacht. Only a small percentage of 48’s were built with the Flybridge option, and accordingly, there are few recent comparable sales to use to set pricing.
Pricing in the used boat market has been experiencing strong inflation over the last year. Brokers are reporting that boats from high-quality builders are selling for more than they cost new.
There is one comparably equipped 2017 Sabre 48 Flybridge on the market in the US for $1.45 million. Not sure if that’s a good price or not, but potential buyers will ultimately dictate our price.
I will also entertain serious proposals from brokers on a net proceed basis. Price is important, but we will also consider the quality of the offer and buyers’ financing.
Maritimo America will handle contracting, and a standard 10% deposit will be required around August 1.
Most people buying a boat in this class already own a boat they’d like to sell before closing on their new boat. I have set the timing of the sale to facilitate this scenario.
I am hoping to hear from all serious potential buyers in the month of July and sign a Purchase and Sale agreement around August 1st (again, for late September or October closing.) This would give potential buyers about 90 days to sell their current boat.
If you’re interested in potentially acquiring this boat, email me at email@example.com and let’s talk.
Below is a link to a PDF of the 2020 listing. The only change made was to remove the second Stidd chair in the Flybridge. It makes it more usable (obviously, she no longer has 185 hours.)
Virtually everything looks better today than it did in 2020 and subject to scheduling, she available for inspection by serious prospective buyers.
Meanwhile, here’s a few photos from 2022:
Click the link below to see the 2020 listing and detailed specifications.